Your Quick Start Guide to Selling During the Covid-19 Outbreak
It was officially announced estate agents in England could go back to work as part of the Government’s phased relaxation of the lockdown 7 days ago. We have remained open virtually for the last 8 weeks but now we’re 'Open' again but only because we are fully ready to do so thanks to all of our preparation.
We have not rushed in blindly unprepared and instead have taken our time under lockdown to ensure we have enough Personal Protective Equipment, we have also stocked up on sanitisers and prepared all of our safety protocols and policies. Our staff, clients, communities and families matter to us most!
The key parts of the Government’s advice for people looking to move or purchase a home are summarised below. We want to reassure home sellers and buyers that we will be following these guidelines thoroughly.
- BUYERS: Initial viewings should be carried out virtually wherever this is possible, and estate agents should help you to do this.
- BUYERS: All physical viewings should be limited to members of the same household, and open house viewings should not take place.
- BUYERS: When physically viewing properties, where possible, you should avoid touching surfaces, wash your hands regularly, and bring your own hand sanitiser. Only two adults should be attending a viewing at any one time. Small children should not ideally attend.
- SELLERS: If people are being shown around your current home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- SELLERS: As most people choose to, we recommend you leave your property while viewings are taking place to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
- EVERYONE: Anyone involved in any aspect of the home moving process should practice social distancing in line with public health advice.
- MOVERS: When moving between properties, you and those in your household should try to do as much of the packing yourself as you can. Where this is not possible, you should speak to removal firms in advance.
- MOVERS: If you are particularly worried about the risk of infection, then speak to the professionals involved, your estate agent, landlord or removers as they may be able to put in place extra measures.
We are expecting a very busy few months as buyers and sellers who have been put on hold by lockdown are wanting to get the ball rolling again! Our phone line are already ringing off the hook!
Property portals reported record numbers of people visiting their sites in the 24 hours after lockdown, and we look set for a busy summer, especially as holidays look unlikely to happen.
We are ready, and looking forward to serving our clients safely, sensibly and successfully.
Thanks for reading.
To read the full document visit: